Modernizing a legacy software application can be a major quagmire. There are many moving parts technologies from which to choose.
Many firms focus on updating or migrating a particular aspect of an application like the UI or migrating data. Our multi-disciplinary team can modernize your full stack and advise on the best environment for the new, modern version of your application.
Rest assured that if you're feeling overwhelmed, you're not alone. Common questions we often answer:
• What is the right balance of legacy vs.new technology solutions?
• How do we integrate our legacy systems in a cost-effective way with newer technology?
• At what juncture should we overhaul existing legacy systems?
• What will legacy integration do to my overall costs for a project build?
• What is a UI framework and which one should I use?
Updating a legacy application is a journey with many complex moving parts, however, determining if your software is worth modernizing and planning a path forward can be done relatively quickly. The key to successful software modernization (and squelching feelings of dread on the topic) is having a sound plan that addresses all aspects of modernizing an application from technology to business case to user experience. In this session of our client-server to cloud seminar series, we share proven methods for determining if modernizing makes sense for your application, a checklist of considerations, and a Lean process for creating a sound modernization strategy.